Tuesday 29 June 2010

Exciting Times


I have had the best day...Rupert and I went to London on the train to see my housing for next year... Its pretty nice actually. It reminds me of a self catering Travel Lodge though. Anyway, the area is SO FUCKING COOL. I hadn't been to Brick Lane in about 3 years and it's grown so much! It such a happening scene now.... so awesome, and about 50 steps from my front door which is sick. The first three or so streets around my house is poor. Actually, I'll go as far as to say pretty shit actually, but I can see it being home! Which is good, it's shit because it's really intimidating and all the street signs are in Hindi or Urdu or something and everyone looks at you as if you're an alien because you A, aren't Asian and B, are dressed like an art student...aka....wtf do you think you look like... lol. But I loved hearing the call to prayer from the local mosque. It was so pretty, definitely something I could get used to, even if it is probably gunna wake me up at 5 every morning. Also what I really liked was the Indian sweet shops; there were so many of them and each one was so characterful and interesting! AND lastly, it's really easy to get to from home home. One one hour train, then 30 min on the tube and you're basically outside my door..it's also 8 tube stops from Orchid in Camden <3 I'm so excited!



After we saw my halls we went shopping.... well we WERE on Brick Lane... what else do you expect!?

I bought some lovely sandals from the coolest boutique! I have a picture but its blury... they have more buckles on the side..



I also bought some high-waisted knee length black silk shorts which are pretty cool from Beyond Retro.
Down the road from my halls there is a diner and bowling alley... it's. so. cool.
we went for a sugar fix and boy did we get one......an Oreo milkshake and a rocky road sundae =] I was soooo contented!!!


MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!

Thhheeennnnnn we trekked over to the other side of London to Clapham.... jokes. To see the degree show exhibition of the course I'm starting in September. I was a little confused because I didn't really think the work would be like that but tbh... the only time the students work by themselves is when they do a final piece... the rest of the time they are doing group work and making things for west end shows etc. Anyway the course is the best in the country.... so I just have to make it my own and trust in it...and myself.... wahhhh!

We got a train from Clapham to Reading which was nice because we didn't have to go all through London again but the train journey was looonnggg and had some absolute fucking imbeciles on it. This group of kids were (I say kids, they were only a few years younger than me) being completely racist to the LOVELY Asian business man sat next to me.... it's ok though, we (business man, Rupert and I) dissed them and their parents for not bringing them up right, then things got a bit heated and the business man threatened them and yeah..... they were so fucking out of order though, it made me so angry. but it doesn't matter because they will never get anywhere in life like that and one day they will say the wrong thing to the wrong person and they will get stabbed.....meh.

Got back to Oxford and I was like.......Ruperrrttt I want Nando's........ please can we go to Nando's.... =[ and he was like fuck yeah! that's a sweeeeeet idea!
So we went to Nando's and ate so much food..... oh. my. god. I got the haloumi and I nearly died... I've been craving Nando's haloumi for months. It was so good! and the perfect end to the perfect day!!!!


Tomorrow I was ment to go to college but... OH YEAH. Bez is broken! =[ The steering has gone and one of the tyres is dodgy and needs £100 worth of work...... just on a wheel! and the steering...... god knows how much that will be.... =[ poor Bez...I think I will give Bez a hug tomorrow. So now I have no car! therefore cant get to college to do lots of heavy lifting and painting walls.... oh dear... what a shame hahaha!
Instead I will make cushions and sleep and watch Jeremy Kyle.
Yay for today! Thank you Rupert for coming with me and making my day <3<3<3
XOXO

0 comments: