Sunday 2 May 2010

Demitri

So today I was so fuckin stoked about going to the huntarian museum. Then I googled it and turns out... It's in bloody scotland. FAIL. I totally want to go there!!!!!!!! (I may pull a strop about it) It has loads of weird specimen jars. Perfect for my project!! I duno if I mentioned but I'm gunna make some specimens out of latex then float them in jars and MAYYYBE even put lights in them?if thats possible. So excited about it but I need to do my goddam research first! I need to get some animal bones too.
While in the pub last night I decided to go to PittRivers with lucy k and tasha. Hopefully, maybe, they have specimen jars too. Actually, I think I've heard of a specimin jar with a thorn impaled slug on it... its good enough. lol.
I also need to go to the model shop in the don today.... I've never heard of it before but aparently they sell mini furniture for dolls houses..... I need to make a scale model of my installation, and if they aren't open I can't do any work this weekend. Ok so I just googled it and there are 3...one in thame, headington and abingdon. They are all closed on saturday and sunday. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
HOW ANNOYING.
Ok I need a new plan.
OH well =]
There's a guy who comes into work every saturday and hes about ..70/80? He has traveled the world and had such an interesting life and he is called Demitri. I adore him. And I think he may actually be the fictitious character in my project. He has really baggy eyes and a bald head, a short, portly man with a big white beard that goes down to his belly. Hes so cool. And he told me I was his favorite hahhaa.
Here is a doodle I just did on the back of a slide list in a lecture. Maybe you can get a better picture of him.


Ok, so like this, but I've drawn him too young... He's even older. and a bit fatter. KK?

Anyway time for me to go, maybe I'll go to the science museum! yeah yeah!












Will post Pitt Rivers stuff later.
Oh! I'm going to see William Control =] yay x

0 comments: