Thursday 7 October 2010

Today has been a really good day...yesterday however, was horrid. I was really really missing Rupert and he is so busy and his phone is crap so I basically hadn't spoken to him for like, 2 days! But then I realised that I was just being selfish and I can't expect him to always have time for me. Especially when he is at Oxford. It's just really.......hard? different? going from living with him every day and then not speaking to him for 2 days. Anyway, as I said today has been really good. I had SUCH a laugh with the flatmates. They are all so funny. I haven't laughed like that since I moved in. I think it's because we are all finally comfortable with everything - surroundings, each other, uni, etc. I didn't really do much as the only scheduled thing I had today was a library induction for an hour at 4. It's really lame but the as soon as I got into the library I didn't feel out of place any more... it was really nice. I stayed there for about an hour and got some books out ahead of my first unit on sculpting the human form, and a couple others on mould making. They are really interesting and I feel like I've gotten a step ahead of my classmates. They all seem so relaxed about everything! I don't understand.... I've already read all the books for this unit and they took the piss out of me for being eager!! haha I'm such a geek!!! I did a really stupid thing though. While we were having the unit explained a few days ago, all I could think about was food! I literally didn't listen to a word she was saying... just dreamt about sandwiches and pasta. Because I did this I completely missed the fact that we have a fuck load of work to do and very little time to do it! (which I found out today when I re-read the handbook. The nice side of this however, is that now I can finally post some work on here!) Tomorrow I'm gunna have such a long to do list! I need to find this mythical art warehouse that everyone keeps talking about and buy a sketchbook. I need to buy folders, call Tiranti's... get my Oyster card. SO MUCH TO DO. The only down side to my course is that I have exactly zero days off a week. This means A) no lie ins B) spending my evenings working my socks off and C) no job.
Not gunna lie, money is tight... I can't afford to wash my clothes this week... (Lucky I have enough clothes to last a good 2 more weeks until I run out) and I only have £10 until Sunday. Which sucks. I need to save £5 for a nice bottle of vino for Friday night. Orchid is having a house warming party and Tasha is coming down from Bath to see me! - I can't wait!!
I think it's time I wrote a list of things to do. I wish my flatmate wouldn't keep getting his "secret" girlfriend over at night. We all blatantly know about her... I just don't think he knows yet!
Then it's time for bed.
Adios XO

0 comments: